Tuesday 27 March 2012

Pick Me Up

A few things I picked up along the way round.


 Somerset House looking beautiful in the sunshine.
Quick sketch I did whilst sitting out in the sun.

Yesterday I went to the annual Pick Me Up graphic art fair where they showcase the work of many respected and talented graphic artist covering a range of different medias. 

This year was very much print based compared to when I went two years previous where it was mostly all illustration. 

On leaving i felt very much inspired and reflected on the fact I'm just a small fish in a big ocean of other talented artists, graphic designers, illustrators e.t.c. Very scary when you think about it....

Work that stood out for me was animal/self portrait illustrations by Niki pilkinton and typographic illustrator Yuko Michishita.




No comments:

Post a Comment